Stretch your body!
Stretching is a part of our natural movement habits. Our whole system needs it regularly to get stimulated and to stay flexible and youthful.
Watch a baby or a cat, your dog or wild animals. Instinctively they feel when their body needs a good stretch, which moves like a wave through the whole body.
– Stretch before you leave your bed in the morning, and let out a big yawn!
– Stretch at your workplace, e.g. before you get up to get some coffee!
– Stretch in your car when you have to stop!
– Do stretching exercises which are provided in Yoga, Tai Qui, Qui Gong, Pilates or the Seven Stretches as used in TE! Be careful when you’re not used to do stretches. Find someone who can explain some exercises to you and don’t go beyond your limits.
– Breathe deeply while you stretch!
– Sing a mantra or your favourite song while stretching and let your voice be loud.
– When you finish your stretching exercises take some time to relax and focus your mind on one thing you’re grateful for.